I was thinking about writing a bit about some books I’ve recently read and liked. Then I heard about this thing where you add “In My Pants” to book titles. In some cases, hilarity ensues. (“In your pants” supposedly works too, but I think my pants are funnier than your pants. No offense.)
So here are some books I’ve enjoyed over the last year or so … in my pants.
- Bummer In My Pants, Janice Shapiro
- Room In My Pants, Emma Donoghue
- All The Pretty People In My Pants, Ariel Gore
- The Leisure Seeker In My Pants, Michael Zadoorian
- The Gift In My Pants, Lewis Hyde
- Housekeeping Vs. The Dirt In My Pants, Nick Hornby
- You Don’t Love Me Yet In My Pants, Jonathan Lethem
- Normal People Don’t Live Like This In My Pants, Dylan Landis
- The Orange Eats Creeps In My Pants, Grace Krilanovich
- Financial Lives of the Poets In My Pants, Jess Walter
- Taking Things Seriously In My Pants, Joshua Glenn and Carol Hayes
- Before You Suffocate Your Damn Fool Self In My Pants, Danielle Evans
Okay, that last one I’ve just purchased and haven’t actually read yet … but come on, that’s too good not to include.
Digging a bit deeper through my bookshelves, I thought these two could combine to tell a story:
And these three had me cackling like Beavis and Butthead:
- We Need To Talk About Kevin In My Pants, Lionel Shriver
- A Massive Swelling In My Pants, Cintra Wilson
- Rule Of The Bone In My Pants, Russell Banks
Yes, I am setting the bar high for intellectual discourse. Welcome to my blog.